Minggu, 17 April 2011

MY CAREER PLAN

Have you ever been thinking about future or what will happen to your life for five or ten years from now? Some people will certain their hope of become success, have a good position on their peak career or earn enough money to spend. But as simple as I though, other people have no idea, concern to uncertain/ unpredictable future. For this last response, should we pardon our dream and not to choose the best path on our life? This phenomenon face me to consider that when you choose the right way, it would leads your dream comes true. Trust me, if you don’t know what you want or what will happen to you 10 years from now, then you are letting other people take charge of your life. Planning is one of the options to choose. For myself, I have decided to take my fate as an auditor. It is fait if it would be an independent internal or external auditor. As you know, since I was a child, I used to play with my finger to count what was my own or other. That would be great when, there is missing thing to found trough mathematical correction. That such is a practice for professional auditor to find fraud and decided the assertion of the management.
Moreover, audit provides many economic benefits to society, for the faith of independent auditor at work, makes this profession appreciated by the people. Besides, this professions challenge me to work, even though sometimes a lot of enemies on the field. For me, nothing to worry about it, I excited with glorify. Reason for choosing auditing is that I do not know any other business area that would suit me in term of job satisfaction. Therefore audit institution such as government internal auditor (BPKP, IRJEN, BAWASDA), external professional independent auditor (BPK), on tax audit as fiscal officer, or corruptions distinguish commission (KPK), they all could receive me.
With my accounting background it is even possible to me become professional certified public accountant (CPA) in CPA firm.
Furthermore, it is a long journey to get a job there. Now, I will explain year-to year strategy plan for 10 year from now. I used 10 years because I think that 2 years from now, there is a liability for each fresh graduate in my state governmental college, to be government officer, lock on your opportunity to continue and reach your bachelor’s degree.
Year one: Complete my diploma’s degree, I am completing my last 12 credit (last semester) at State Accounting College (STAN). I will be receiving my diploma in accountancy, with a minor in state/ governmental accounting. With acquisition of language skills, knowledge of foreign or domestic trade, tax law, auditing and accounting standards, all of which are necessary to effectively “go work” even “go global”. Superficial knowledge only leads to failure.
For me, STAN diploma is a significant component to improve my competency to work in business or in government financial unit.
I foresee my own career moving in the direction of governmental finance ministry for the next 2 years. Get some experience on audit unit like BPKP then, will support my next plan. I would be considers recognized on my institution with my “fire spirit’ at work. Trying be positive towards other, creative, enthusiastic, and faith. That would be a great chance to gain more college.
Year four: to be realistic, this is best of me for this time got my bachelor’s degrees by attend two years study in state university. It is not an easy process, a lot of consideration may be on the way, lots of unexpected things can happen and lots of sacrifices may be needed.
My family will make a protest on my decision because no more financial support left. But all of, I will trying to explain why I am suitable to pass it and hope it will be a good start of the next planning process.
Year six: As young professionals, I want to become CPAs on my career working for CPA firm. First of all, CPA tests that regulated by state law trough the licensing departments of state. There are some requirements for retaining a license to practice after the designation has been initially achieved.
The requirements I must fulfill, are:
1. Educational Requirements,
2. Uniform CPA Examination Requirement,
3. Experience Requirement in CPAs firm, at least three years experience.
After become CPAs, I will leave the firm to work in industry, government or education.
Year nine: After long life experience and collect widespread connection with people in business, as independent auditors, I will realize my dream to form CPA firm “SUHERMANTO & PARTNER, CPAs”. In this field of work, I will earn more money by make an opinion trough management’s financial statement. I will enjoy that job by understanding the client’s business and industry and knowledge about the company’s operations that are essential for doing an adequate audit.
At the end, last of the ten-year plans, I will evaluate whether it is possible to me to established financial corporation. Next after all, I need new plan for that expanded ambitions.
If all my ten -years plan does not to be achieved, I will keep working on my job as governmental official in ministry of finance of republic of Indonesia. I hope to form proprietorship business in farmland or poultry field conducted by my wife.
Keep praying dream comes true.


SUHERMANTO SIMANJUNTAK
3 T GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTING

5 komentar:

  1. wh kerennnnn...tak q sangka pikiranmu jauh banget..q aja blm kepikiran ksitu...ngomong2 b.inggrismu bagus banget

    BalasHapus
  2. Good Job, Keep Blogging, Friend!

    BalasHapus
  3. It's like our english task.. english assignment 1.. hehe XD

    BalasHapus
  4. hahahah..., planning is more important than anything.

    BalasHapus